Gamo makes a variety of air rifles in a range of prices, which can make it difficult to choose the right one for you. While there are several factors to consider before you purchase an air rifle from Gamo, you do want to find one that fits your budget and shooting requirements. That being said, we decided to review the top 5 air rifles from Gamo to help you make an informed decision and find the best pneumatic firearm in 2016.
Top 5 Air Rifles from Gamo
This air rifle is designed for the more experienced hunter who does not mind paying a little extra for an accurate and precise pneumatic firearm. The rifled steel barrel is resistant to corrosion and gives each shot the velocity and accuracy you need in small game hunting and pest control. You and your neighbors will appreciate the quieter noise level when firing, and the weather-resistant stock lets you take this air rifle on any hunting trip.
- The air rifle features an adjustable rear sight, along with a 4 x 32mm scope.
- You have the advantage of the vented pad which helps to absorb the recoiling force when the air rifle is fired.
- The two-stage trigger helps to ensure that every shot is fired only when you are ready.
- The higher price of this air rifle might not be fit all budgets.
- It should be mentioned that this air rifle is intended for experienced hunters and may not be ideal for beginners.
Raptor Whisper Air Rifle
One of my personal favorites!!! This is the best air rifle from Gamo if you have a pest problem and neighbors. It is capable of firing .177 caliber PBA pellets at an impressive 1300 feet per second without waking or annoying your neighbors. This rifle is often priced lower than Gamo counterparts, but don’t let that fool you. This .177 caliber pneumatic firearm from Gamo is an excellent air rifle if you are looking for an accurate, reliable, and high performance model. It also features a 4 x 32 shockproof scope an SWA (shock wave absorber) recoil pad.
- It is lightweight at under 6 lbs, making it easy to aim and carry even for younger shooters.
- You have the advantage of Gamo’s noise-reducing technology that effectively muffles a considerable amount of the sound emitted during each shot.
- A one-year warranty is also included with the air rifle.
- Very reasonable price point.
- It should be mentioned that this a break barrel rifle, which should be considered before making your final decision. I personally don’t see this as a negative, but there are those that don’t prefer this.
Affordably priced and lightweight, this .177 caliber air rifle will help you control rodents and other outdoor pests on your property. It features a fluted steel barrel that helps to keep your shots precise and accurate, along with an all-weather construction. You also have the advantage of the two-stage trigger which helps to ensure safety and accuracy. Capable of firing up to 1000 feet per second with inexpensive lead pellets, this powerful and affordable rifle lets you enjoy a fun afternoon of backyard plinking.
- The fluted steel barrel helps to reduce the overall weight of the air rifle, along with adding accuracy to your shots.
- With the advantage of dual check pads, this air rifle is easy to fire from the left or right side.
- You also have the benefit of the vented cushioning which helps to absorb impact shock when firing.
- It should be noted that the barrel is not rifled which might affect the performance of some shooters.
- While this air rifle is lightweight at 6.1lbs, it might not be ideal for shooters used to aiming and firing heavier pneumatic weapons.
Considered the best air rifle for beginners, you will appreciate its safe design and low price (update: price has been fluctuating a bit recently and seems to be higher than usual – check out the previous version, the Varmint Air Rifle for better pricing but solid performance) . It is a great pneumatic rifle to use for fun backyard plinking contests or as a starter firearm for younger shooters. The air rifle is lightweight and easy to fire, and you also have the advantage of being able to use any type of .177 caliber pellets with this pneumatic firearm. This air rifle features a non-slip grip which helps to prevent accidental misfires and poor aim, while the 4 x 32mm scope makes it easy to track small pests and varmints.
- This air rifle is priced to fit any budget, and you can also fire all of your favorite .177 caliber pellets with the pneumatic firearm.
- The lightweight construction makes this the best air rifle your younger shooters.
- A one-year warranty is also included with your purchase of a new Gamo air rifle.
- While this air rifle does have a maximum velocity of 1000fps, it should be noted that this is only with lead pellets.
- This air rifle is great for plinking and some pest control, but it does not have the power that small game hunters are looking for.
While this Gamo air rifle might be priced higher than other models, it is well worth it when you consider its versatility and power. This .177 caliber air rifle is capable of a maximum velocity of 1300 feet per second with the recommended pellets. This gives you more than enough speed and accuracy to use this air rifle for target practice, backyard plinking, pest control, and even hunting small game. It features gas firing power and noise-reduction technology, along with a safe and lightweight design to give you one of the best .177 caliber air rifles of 2016.
- It features a lightweight and quiet design ideal for backyard plinking and pest control even if you live in a neighborhood.
- The two-stage trigger helps to ensure safety and accuracy.
- You also have the advantage of the powerful 3-9x 40 magnification scope.
- This air rifle is priced higher than most of the other models, which might not make it ideal for all budgets.
- While it is a powerful air rifle, it is still firing .177 caliber pellets which should be taken into account before you use this model for small game hunting.