Air rifles have several practical and recreational applications, and the most common type is the .177 caliber. A .177 air rifle is designed to fire at a higher velocity to give you a flatter, and more accurate trajectory. This is one of the reasons why these smaller caliber air rifles are perfect to use for target shooting and backyard plinking. These pneumatic firearms are also powerful enough to humanely deal with backyard pests, and some of the .177 caliber models can even be used for bird and squirrel hunting. With this in mind, we include a brief review of some of the top-rated models so you can make an informed decision and find the best .177 caliber air rifle.
Top Rated .177 Air Rifles
This powerful air rifle is designed to be used by teenagers and adults, with its adjustable and comfortable stock. The lightweight plastic construction is durable and sturdy, and you will love the authentic M4 look and feel of this air rifle. Capable of a maximum firing velocity of 625fps, this air it is ideal for target practice or pest control.
- You have the advantage of the high-quality construction and performance associated with a Crosman air rifle, at an extremely affordable price.
- The pump firing action makes this an ideal air rifle for shooters of all skill levels.
- With the 5 shot clip and 350 round BB reservoir, you can spend more time firing and less loading the air rifle.
- It should be noted that this air rifle is ideal for target shooting and plinking, but it is not designed to be used for hunting.
- The durable plastic stock is well balanced, but it might not appeal to consumers who prefer the look of polished wood.
The skeleton stock on this air rifle will certainly get you noticed, along with the amazing accuracy. This .177 caliber air rifle is designed to be used for plinking and target practice, and can also be effective at controlling backyard pests and varmints. The included 4 x 32mm rifle scope helps you line up each shot, and with a maximum velocity of 1200 feet per second, you can hit almost any target from a distance.
- A one-year warranty is included with this air rifle to ensure peace of mind in case of any problems.
- With a maximum velocity of 1200fps, you can easily impress your friends and neighbors at the next backyard shooting competition.
- You also have the advantage of a noise dampener, which helps to keep this air rifle amazingly quiet when fired.
- While the trigger is adjustable, there have been complaints that it is still difficult for some consumers to press.
- This air rifle is not intended to be used for small game, which might not suit the plans of some outdoor enthusiasts.
You have the advantage of being able to hunt small game and accurately target shoot with this powerful air rifle. It is designed to be used by a skilled hunter, and features a beautiful polished wood stock. This air rifle is quiet, powerful, and accurate, and is capable of firing up to 1100 feet per second. Weighing slightly over 8 pounds, it is considered one of the best .177 caliber models.
- With its well-balanced stock and included rifle scope, it is easy to precisely line up each shot.
- The 10-shoot magazine gives you the advantage of not having to reload as frequently.
- This .177 caliber air rifle is designed to be quiet, which is an added benefit when you are hunting.
- It should be mentioned that this air rifle is not intended for use by beginners, and this is reflected in its slightly higher price.
- While this powerful air rifle is considered one of the best .177 models, it only fires pellets and is not compatible with BBs.
Not only is this .177 caliber air rifle powerful, but it is also extremely accurate. You will love the easy-t0-pull trigger, and the all-weather stock lets you enjoy going outdoors all season long. With a maximum velocity of 1200fps, you can easily rip through any paper target. This also makes this one of the best .177 air rifles for hunting small game.
- The affordable price makes this a great air rifle for recreational and sport shooting.
- The spring piston firing system is easy for younger shooters to pull, and helps to improve aim and accuracy.
- You have the advantage of the padded stock to help absorb impact shock when fired.
- This .177 caliber pneumatic air rifle will only fire pellets, which might not appeal to target shooters who prefer to use BBs.
- While this air rifle is considered lightweight at 6.1 pounds, this is often too heavy for younger shooters.
Beeman RS2 Dual Caliber Air Rifle Combo .177
If you are looking for a solid, reliable air rifle for a beginner, this might be the best pneumatic firearm for you. It features an authentic wood stock for a realistic look and feel, and the unique trigger system ensures complete control over your shots. The included magnification scope helps you line up each shot, and you also have the advantage of being able to choose between .177 and .22 caliber ammo. Ideal for plinking, target practice, and hunting small game, there is very little that you can’t do with this air rifle.
- You have the advantage of firing either .22 or .177 caliber pellets, making it possible to use this air rifle for several applications.
- With the maximum firing velocity of 1000fps, you can easily hit targets from a distance.
- The stock is constructed from real wood for an authentic look and comfortable feel.
- This is a single shot air rifle, which might not be ideal for all types of target shooting.
- While it does have an amazing trajectory, the inability to fire BBs may not appeal to all consumers.