So you’re looking for a gun that fires fast. But… you also want a semi auto air rifle to have good velocity, solid accuracy, and high reliability.
Got it! That’s why we put together this list.
Most semi-auto air rifles are going to use CO2 cartridges as a power source. So keep that in mind. It should also be noted that while semi-auto air rifles are capable of rapid firing, these pneumatic firearms MAY be better suited for target shooting than hunting or pest control.
With that in mind, if you are looking for an air rifle that is fast and accurate, we have included brief reviews of some of our favorites.
Top 5 Semi Auto Air Rifles
Winchester Model M 14 Semi Automatic CO2 Air Rifle
This .177 caliber air rifle is fun, accurate and priced VERY affordably at less than $77 at the time of this post. The CO2 powered pneumatic rifle is capable of firing either pellets or BBs with a maximum velocity of 700 feet per second. The accuracy and fast action shooting that makes this one of the top-rated semi-automatic air guns, but it’s the value that puts it on our list of the Top 5. With its rugged and durable design, this pneumatic rifle is perfect for target shooting and backyard plinking.
- The semi auto air rifle can fire either .177 caliber pellets or BBs.
- You have the advantage of the rifled barrel that gives precision and accuracy to your shots.
- The steel coated barrel is also resistant to rust and corrosion which can affect the accuracy of the air rifle.
- Price – A GREAT deal at less than $77.
- This is a semi automatic air rifle and might not be legal in all neighborhoods.
- The use of CO2 does give you accuracy and speed, but the CO2 canisters must be replace from time to time.
Benjamin PCP Semi Automatic Air Rifle
This is the only PCP (precharged pneumatic) gun on our list to determine the best semi automatic air rifle. The advantage over CO2 is that you won’t have to buy replacement canisters, you will have more consistent muzzle velocity and you can recharge it yourself. You will love the fun and modern design, and the durability on this air rifle is unmatched.
- It has a rifle barrel to assist with accuracy and precision.
- This semi-auto air rifle has a maximum velocity of 800fps with alloy .177 caliber pellets.
- Many people will find the PCP power plant advantageous to a CO2 tank.
- It has a 12 round magazine for rapid firing of pellets.
- There are people who prefer CO2, so the fact that is a PCP air rifle is listed as both a potential “Pro” and “Con”.
- It only fires pellets. This can be a turnoff for people who want the flexibility to fire both pellets and BBs.
Crosman 1077 Semi Automatic CO2 Air Rifle
This is a sleek, simple, reliable and affordable air rifle . This semi auto pellet gun is very similar to the model above, but utilizes CO2 power and is priced much lower. This is also a pellet only rifle and also comes with a 12 round pellet magazine. Extremely durable and firing up to 625 feet per second, this model is priced less than $70 at the time of publish.
- This contender for the best semi automatic air rifle includes a 12 pellet magazine.
- You have the advantage of a fiber optic Centerpoint site that many people prefer to basic iron sights.
- This semi-auto air rifle will appeal to people who want well-priced functionality and don’t need all the bells and whistles.
- The CO2 power plant means that you will have to replace CO2 canisters from time to time.
- This air rifle does not fire BBs, something that may be a turnoff to some shooters.
Umarex 2254855 Steel Force .177 Caliber BB Gun
One of the first aspects you’ll notice about this semi-auto is its fun and functional design. Styled after the popular M4 machine gun, this air rifle is Extermely fun to fire. The semi-auto air rifle can hold up to 300 .177 caliber BBs, and you will love firing 6 shot bursts in the automatic setting. Capable of firing up to 430 feet per second, this is easily in the running for the best semi automatic air rifle for a fun afternoon of target shooting.
- Price – for the level of quality of this piece it’s surprisingly well priced. The best price we found was $120.47.
- It features a fun and familiar design that will appeal to most gun enthusiasts.
- You have the advantage of being able to fire 6 shot bursts with this semi-automatic air rifle.
- Looks – it’s an incredibly slick looking
- This semi auto air rifle can only fire BBs, which might not be ideal for shooters who prefer pellets.
- It should be noted that it is not legal to fire this air rifle inside many city limits, which might limit its use.
The manufacturer of this air rifle might not be as well known as some of the others, but there is no denying that this is one of the best air rifle for the price. Not only is it affordable, but you also get the extra features that make firing a semi-automatic air rifle so exciting. It is modeled after an AK47 and is capable of firing an impressive 600 rounds per minute. With the rechargeable battery also included, it will make you think twice about a CO2 powered air rifle.
- This electric powered semi-auto air rifle is capable of firing alloy BBs at a maximum velocity of 475 feet per second.
- The rechargeable battery helps to save expenses on replacement CO2 canisters.
- You also have the advantage of the included tactical rails, along with the adjustable firing system.
- This electric powered semi-auto air rifle might not be ideal for consumers who prefer a more traditional firing system.
- This air rifle might be considered too complicated for inexperienced shooters and should always be handled around a professional.
We hoped you enjoyed our search for the Best Semi Automatic Air Rifle. Please comment below to give us feedback and let us know if we missed any rifles that should have been considered. Thanks!