While it should be mentioned that semi automatic air rifles are not legal in all areas, these are the best pneumatic firearms to consider when you are looking for velocity, accuracy, and high speeds with your shots. Semi-auto air rifles do use CO2 cartridges as a power source, which can get expensive to replace. It should also be noted that while semi-auto air rifles are capable of rapid firing, these pneumatic firearms are better suited for target shooting than hunting or pest control. With that in mind, if you are looking for an air rifle that is fast and accurate, we have included brief reviews of some of our favorites.
Top 5 Semi Auto Air Rifles
Winchester Model M 14 Semi Automatic CO2 Air Rifle
This .177 caliber air rifle is fun and accurate. The CO2 powered pneumatic rifle is capable of firing either pellets or BBs with a maximum velocity of 700 feet per second. It is the accuracy and fast action shooting that makes this one of the top-rated semi-automatic air guns. With its rugged and durable design, this pneumatic rifle is perfect for target shooting and backyard plinking.
- The semi auto air rifle can fire either .177 caliber pellets or BBs.
- You have the advantage of the rifled barrel that gives precision and accuracy to your shots.
- The steel coated barrel is also resistant to rust and corrosion which can affect the accuracy of the air rifle.
- This is an automatic air rifle and might not be legal in all neighborhoods.
- The use of CO2 does give you accuracy and speed, but it does limit the power behind your shot.
Winchester 990004-402 Hunting Air Rifle
This air rifle is similar to other semi auto pneumatic firearms, except that it features a smooth barrel for additional power. This makes it possible for you to make humane kills with a semi-auto air rifle when you are hunting small game or using it for pest control. You will love the fun and modern design, and you also have the advantage of being able to collapse the stock for use in tight areas.
- It has the advantage of a smooth barrel, which adds power to each of your shots.
- This semi-auto air rifle has a maximum velocity of 700fps with alloy .177 caliber BBs.
- The stock can be collapsed to fire in enclosed areas, and you will enjoy the comfort of the pistol grip.
- This air rifle is priced higher than some models and might not be ideal for all budgets.
- Some air gun enthusiasts might not appreciate the modern design of this semi automatic pneumatic rifle.
Crosman Comrade AK-Style .177 caliber BB Air Rifle
It is easy to see why this is often considered the best semi-auto air rifle, and it starts with the familiar design. This air rifle is modeled after the instantly recognizable and admired AK, and you’ll love the fact that you get up to 150 shots per magazine clip. Shoot patterns in paper targets and amaze your friends during afternoon plinking contests. With the ability to fire as fast as the trigger is pulled, this will soon become one of your favorite air rifles.
- This semi automatic air rifle includes a clip that will hold 150 .177 caliber BBs and is capable of firing up to 12 round bursts.
- You have the advantage of a rear and front sight.
- The design of this semi-auto air rifle will appeal to lovers of the standard AK.
- Since this is a semi-auto pneumatic firearm, it is not legal to fire in most neighborhoods.
- The limited use for this air rifle might not be ideal for all buyers.
Umarex 2254855 Steel Force Air Pistol
One of the first aspects you’ll notice about this semi-auto is its fun and functional design. Styled after the popular M4 machine gun, this air rifle is powerful and fun to fire. The semi-auto air rifle can hold up to 300 .177 caliber BBs, and you will love firing 6 shot bursts. Capable of firing up to 430 feet per second, this is easily the best semi-auto air rifle for a fun afternoon of target shooting.
- The affordable price of this air rifle makes it ideal for almost any budget.
- It features a fun and familiar design that will appeal to most gun enthusiasts.
- You have the advantage of being able to fire 6 shot bursts with this semi-automatic air rifle.
- This semi auto air rifle can only fire BBs, which might not be ideal for shooters who prefer pellets.
- It should be noted that it is not legal to fire this air rifle inside most city limits, which might limit its use.
The manufacturer of this air rifle might not be as well known as some of the others, but there is no denying that this is the best pneumatic air rifle for the price. Not only is it affordable, but you also get the extra features that make firing a semi-automatic air rifle so exciting. It is modeled after an AK47 and is capable of firing an impressive 600rpm. With the rechargeable battery also included, you will wonder why you ever used a CO2 powered air rifle.
- This electric powered semi-auto air rifle is capable of firing alloy BBs at a maximum velocity of 475 feet per second.
- The rechargeable battery helps to save expenses on replacement CO2 canisters.
- You also have the advantage of the included tactical rails, along with the adjustable firing system.
- This electric powered semi-auto air rifle might not be ideal for consumers who prefer a more traditional firing system.
- This air rifle might be considered too complicated for inexperienced shooters and should always be handled around a professional.