Children and younger shooters need an air rifle that is easy to use and handle. Safety is also an important concern, especially when it involves younger children and anyone else not familiar with any type of firearm. While there are plenty of air rifles to choose from, finding one that is safe and easy to operate can be frustrating. To help you make an informed decision, we have included brief reviews of a few of the top-rated models. Each of these easy to use air rifles is designed to be safe and fun for shooters of any age and skill level to use.
The Top Rated Air Rifles for Children
Daisy Outdoor Products Buck Gun
This .177 air rifle is designed to be comfortably and safely used by children ages 10 years and older, and it is designed to resemble an authentic firearm. You will love the affordable price and the trigger block for safety, and your child will be impressed with the maximum velocity of 275 feet per second. It is easy to load and cock, and the lightweight construction is perfect for younger shooters.
- This affordably priced .177 air rifle is designed to be safely used and operated by younger shooters.
- The polish wood stock fits comfortable against children’s shoulders, and its authentic look makes it stand out next to other starting air rifles.
- With the ability to shoot up to 400 BBs before reloading, this is the best children’s air rifle for backyard plinking and target practice.
- The smaller size of this air rifle might limit how long it can be comfortably used by your rapidly growing child.
- While this is one of the best .177 caliber air rifles for children, it should be mentioned that it is only compatible with BBs and not pellets.
Marlin Cowboy BB Gun
Not only do you have the benefit of the reliable Crosman name behind this .177 air rifle, but it is also priced extremely affordably. The smaller size of the pneumatic firearm makes it ideal for young children, and you also have the benefit of this air rifle already being approved for entry into some of the junior shooting competitions. Capable of a maximum velocity up to 325 feet per second, you can even teach your child to accurately shoot from a distance.
- This is not only one of the best competition air rifles for children, but it is also one of the most affordably priced.
- The included reservoir can hold up to 700 BBs to minimize reloading time.
- You and your child will both appreciate the authentic design, which gives this air rifle a professional and elegant look and feel.
- It should be noted that this .177 air rifle may not be legal to fire in some neighborhoods.
- This powerful and accurate pneumatic firearm might not be ideal for children under 10 years of age to play with.
Crosman Classic Rifle
If you are looking for the safest air rifle for children, this might be the perfect model for you. Not only is it priced affordably, but you also have the advantage of the included warranty. This .177 caliber air rifle is designed to be easy to operate and is recommended for children over the age of 10. It features a maximum velocity of 755 feet per second, which is ideal for hitting targets at a distance.
- The multi pump action gives your child more control over each shot and can also be used a teaching aid.
- With the ability to fire up to 755fps, you can easily hit targets at a distance.
- Not only will the air rifle fire BBs, but you can also choose .177 caliber pellets.
- While this air rifle is designed for children, it should be mentioned that it might not be ideal for inexperienced shooters.
- This .177 air rifle does not include a scope, which can make it difficult for inexperienced shooters to properly line up their shots.
Umarex USA Walther Lever Action .177 Pellet Air Rifle
This .177 air rifle is designed for younger shooters with more experience around pneumatic firearms. One of the best aspects of this air rifle is its adjustable stock, which can be lengthened or shortened depending on the age and height of the shooter. Not only is this one of the best air rifle for children, but it is also ideal for older beginners. The trigger can also be adjusted, and you have the advantage of the included t rail which makes this air rifle ideal for competitions that call for more than one position.
- This .177 air rifle is designed for more experienced younger shooters, and it is still affordably priced.
- You have the advantage of the CO2 firing system and a maximum velocity of 630 feet per second.
- The 8 shot clip lets you group your shots together without having to stop and reload.
- This .177 air rifle is not intended to be used as a training weapon and might not be ideal for inexperienced shooters.
- It should be mentioned that frequently replacing the empty CO2 canisters can be expensive and should be factored into the budget.
Daisy Outdoor Products Red Ryder BB Gun
Even the name of this .177 air rifle brings a smile to your face, but this is definitely not a toy. The pneumatic firearm is ideal for backyard plinking with your children, and it has a 650 round BB reservoir for uninterrupted shooting. It is fun and easy for younger children to operate, and the maximum velocity of 350 feet per second ensures that older kids don’t get bored. With its affordable price and long-lasting construction, it is easy to see why this is still one of the most popular air rifles for children.
- The spring action firing system is easy for younger shooters to operate, and is also safer.
- The smooth bore steel barrel helps to make every shot go the distance to the target.
- You also have the advantage of the front and rear sight to help you teach your child how to accurately line up their shots.
- This air rifle might not be ideal for some older children who might be more familiar and comfortable with pneumatic firearms.
- While this .177 caliber air rifle does have a large BB reservoir, it cannot shoot pellets which might not appeal to all shooters.