Air rifles in target and other competition shooting tournaments are becoming more popular, and now you can test your accuracy and skill level against other professional marksmen in almost any city. If you are considering entering one of these shooting competitions, then you need an air rifle that is capable of extreme precision and accuracy. To help you get started, we have put together this brief review of the best air rifles for competition and target shooting.
Best Air Rifles For Competition and Target Shooting
UTG Gen 5 AccuShot Competition Master Sniper Air Rifle
This air rifle is ideal for anyone just getting started with competitive shooting. It is one of the best price air rifles and also includes a limited warranty. Not only is the pneumatic firearm incredibly accurate, but you also have a maximum velocity of 460 feet per second with the 0.2g BBs. This lets you hit your target with each shot, and the spring loaded ensures that reloading is quick and easy.
- This air rifle is affordably priced for beginning competitive shooters, and is also easy to use and operate.
- The included bipod gives you stability when you are lining up lower shots and can be folded away when you are not using it.
- You have the advantage of the non-slip textured grip which helps to ensure that your aim remains on target.
- This sniper-styled air rifle is not legal in certain states, and cannot be used at all competitive shooting tournaments.
- This air rifle is designed for younger shooters and may not be ideal for professional marksmen.
Walther 1250 Dominator Combo Air Rifle
As stated in competitive air rifle reviews, this is one of the best models for almost any type of target shooting. It is designed for the experienced marksmen and features a maximum velocity of 1000 feet per second. This PCP repeating air rifle fires .22 caliber pellets and is designed to be extremely accurate. With the included front and rear optic sights and 4 -16 x 56 scope, you can line up any shot with precision and accuracy.
- This air rifle is designed to be accurate and features a smooth bolt action for precise aim even at a distance.
- You have the advantage of the 8-shot magazine, along with a replacement clip for fast and easy loading.
- With the included bipod, you have the benefit of an include stable mount for making accurate low shots.
- It should be noted that this air rifle is not intended to be used as a toy for backyard plinking, which is reflected in its higher price.
- This .22 caliber air rifle is not legal in all states, and should be considered before making an expensive mistake.
Crosman PCP Challenger .177 PCP Air Rifle
This is often considered one of the best .177 air rifles for competitive shooting, and it is also approved for use in the Sporter Class in most tournaments. You will appreciate the comfortable design of the stock, and the two-stage trigger ensures that you have complete control over every shot. You can also choose between compressed air and CO2, which helps to ensure accuracy at any distance. Capable of a maximum velocity up to 530fps, it will allow you to be able to easily hit any target set up in front of you.
- This air rifle is already pre-approved for entry in some classes of competitive shooting.
- The ambidextrous stock makes this the best air rifle for left or right-handed competitive shooters.
- The barrel is designed by Lothar Walther to ensure that every shot is precisely on target.
- This air rifle is only approved for certain types of competitive shooting, which might not be ideal for all marksmen.
- The slightly higher price of this air rifle might not be ideal for those just starting to shoot competitively.
Crosman 2300S Air Pistol
Not all competitive shooting classes center around pneumatic rifles, and the air pistol is just as important to some marksmen. This air pistol is designed to be accurate and is approved for some competitive class competitions. You have the benefit of the Lothar Walther barrel, which helps to ensure accuracy, and it has the capable of a firing velocity up to 520fps. This air pistol also lets you adjust the trigger and hammer to control the velocity of your shots.
- This air pistol has already been approved for some competitive shooting classes.
- With a 60-shot clip and the ability to mount a scope, there is nothing you can’t hit with this air pistol.
- The twelve grooves in the barrel help to ensure precision and accuracy with each shot.
- It should be noted that this is a .177 air pistol that cannot be used in any competitions intended for the same caliber pneumatic rifle.
- The thin barrel may not be ideal for all types of shooters.
UTG AccuShot Competition Shadow Ops Sniper Rifle
If you are looking for the best 10-meter air rifle, this model may be ideal for you. It is already approved for competitive shooting, and it has a maximum velocity of 480fps. With the addition of the 4 x 40mm magnification scope, you can easily hit any target during a 10 meter competition. With two included magazines for quick and easy reloading and a picatinny rail, it is easy to see why this is the best air rifle for long distance shooting.
- This air rifle fires 6mm pellets to ensure velocity and precision during competitions.
- You have the ability to mount a camera or additional scope with the included picatinny rails.
- With the benefit of the bipod, you also have a stable mount to aim and take your shots.
- This air rifle is more complicated to use than other models, and it might not be ideal for beginning competitive shooters.
- It should be noted that this is a competition air rifle, and it is not intended to be used for recreational shooting.