You can find air rifles and pistols at all different price points, which is just one of the reasons pneumatic weapons are gaining in popularity. Some air rifles are affordably priced below $100, while others can exceed 200 to 300 dollars. While this usually reflects that addition of a precision magnification scope, in some cases it might be worth the extra cost. With so many different air rifles to choose from, it can be difficult to make an informed decision. To help you get started in your hunt for the best air rifle, we have listed 5 of our favorite pneumatic firearms. Each one of these air rifles is affordably priced below $100 and is accurate and precise when correctly fired.
Best Air Rifles under $100
Crosman M4-177 Pneumatic Pump Air Rifle
If you are looking for a fun and powerful air rifle to take out to the local firing range, this might be the best pneumatic weapon for you. It is affordably priced to fit any budget and includes a clip for your pellets. You have the advantage of a maximum firing power of 600 feet per second with pellets, and up to 625fps with BBs. You also have the advantage of being able to adjust your sights to account for distance and wind, giving you amazing accuracy every time you fire the air rifle.
- This .177 caliber air rifle includes a 350 shot BB reservoir and a clip capable of holding 5 pellets.
- With its semi-auto firing action, you can enjoy the feeling of rapid fire power.
- The air rifle is easy to use, and the adjustable stock ensures a comfortable fit when firing.
- This is one of the best semi auto air rifles, but it should also be noted that it might not be legal in all areas.
- While the pump action is easy to use, it might not be ideal for beginning shooters who are still learning how to control their shots.
Winchester Model M 14 CO2 Air Rifle
The rifled steel barrel helps to give your shots speed and accuracy, while the adjustable rear sight ensures that your target is lined up. This air rifle is ideal for hunting small game, and for controlling pests around your home. It is powered by CO2 canisters to give you an impressive maximum 700 feet per second and help to ensure that each shot is precise for a humane kill. Lightweight and easy to carry, it is easy to see why this is considered one of the best priced air rifles under $100.
- The rifled steel barrel is resistant to corrosion which can affect the accuracy and speed of your shots.
- Featuring an adjustable stock, you can find a perfect position to hold and fire the .177 caliber air rifle.
- The reservoir can hold up to 16 pellets or .177 caliber BBs.
- The loud noise emitted when firing might not be ideal for use in neighborhoods.
- While this is one of the best affordable air rifles, it is priced slightly higher than similar models.
Crosman Recruit Air Rifle w/ scope
One of the reasons this is the top-rated air rifle under $100 is its versatility. The .177 caliber air rifle has a maximum velocity of 680 feet per second which is ideal for plinking, target shooting, or hunting small varmints and rodents. This air rifle is also ideal to use a teaching aid. Styled after the firearms traditionally used by cadets, it can help students get used to firing a rifle. With a one-year warranty and powerful 4 x 15 magnification scope, everything you need is included with this affordable air rifle.
- A one-year warranty is included with the rifle for additional peace of mind.
- This air rifle is designed to be a teaching aid and a fully functioning pneumatic firearm at an affordable price.
- The 4 x 15 magnification scope ensures that every shot is lined up and accurate.
- This air rifle may not be legal in some neighborhoods.
- This is a pump action air rifle which might not appeal to all consumers.
Beeman RS2 Air Rifle Combo
This top ranked .177 caliber air rifle is powerful, accurate, and precise. Manufactured by Beeman, it features the high- quality construction and design you would expect from this top-rated air gun company. You have the advantage of a maximum velocity of 1,000 feet per second, which is astonishing considering the air rifle’s affordable price. The polished wood stock fits comfortably against your shoulder, and the included rifle scope ensures that every shot is lined up and accurate. Ideal for plinking, target pratice and pest control, this is one of the best air rifles for your money.
Crosman Vantage Nitro Piston Air Rifle
You can get a an affordable nitro powered air rifle for under $100 that is also accurate and easy to fire. Since it is manufactured by Crosman, you know that this is a dependable and precise pneumatic firearm; and it is designed to last for a lifetime of use. The adjustable rear sight helps to ensure that all of your shots are precisely lined up, and the powerful 4 x 32 magnification rifle scope lets you track small game without startling your prey. With the power of the nitro canister and accuracy associated with Crosman, it is easy to see why this is often considered the best air rifle for 2015.
- The wood stock looks professional, while the nitro is capable of firing quiet, precise shots.
- Since this air rifle is quieter than other models, it can often be used in and around neighborhoods.
- You have the advantage of firing either .177 caliber pellets or BBs.
- While the nitro canisters do give your shots power and velocity, replacing them can become expensive even with the air rifle’s affordable price.
- It should be noted that this air rifle is priced under $100, and the lower price will affect the strength and quality of the included magnification scope.